Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Take a Stroll With Me Down Memory Lane

For a long time now I have been trying to decide how to record some of the memories of my childhood, my college days and some of the memories of my husband and I before we got married.  I want to be able to share those memories with my children who are now too little to understand them but hopefully someday can appreciate them.  Additionally, now that my sister has been out-of-state for a few months and will likely move away permanently, I want to share with her some of the things I remember of our childhood.  I hope maybe she will even want to share her stories and memories, since I know mine differ from hers.  I have talked with my own mother and grandmother about things such as Pearl Harbor, the Kennedy Assassination, the Beatles invasion, Watergate and a whole plethora of now historical events.  I want to have those same memories documented of the major historical events that have occurred in my lifetime.  And, with luck, I can record some of the memories of my family, too.

I have been a long admirer of Greta's Memory Monday posts but lack the discipline to post weekly, not to mention the lack of comparable writing skills.  Let's face it, nobody can tell the story of a simple dish like Greta!  So in honor of Greta's original Memory Monday posts, I am creating my own Memory Lane posts.  I hope you will join me as I take a stroll down my Memory Lane. 

©2011, copyright tracysroots

2 comments: