Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Finds

This week has Finds from Kansas and Niagara, Ontario.
  • I am very excited to see that the Johnson County [Kansas] Genealogy Society now has a blog. I have quite a bit of my Scott and Greathouse lines that are located in this county and the Johnson County Genwebsite has been one of the most helpful in my search.
  • Two other great bloggers have Niagara, Ontario connections: Kindred Footprints and Gen Wish List.
  • Through their blogs, I discovered the Niagara Public Library's Historic Niagara Digital Collection. You can search through historic newspapers and request scans of those articles. The library will post the image on their website as well as send you an email notifying you when the image is available. I have already found an obituary on one of the Arnold siblings and am waiting for several others. Additionally they have an image database that is fascinating. It is definitely worth the time to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment