Here is my flag representing my heritage from the countries of Norway, Great Britain (English and Scots-Irish) and Germany. To make it all fit I rotated the three bars of the German flag to fit vertically on the right rather than their typical horizontal display. I am 25% Norwegian through my maternal grandmother. All of her ancestral lines are from Norway and after they immigrated to the United States, those individuals married others from Norway. I have several lines of English and German descent from the remaining three grandparents. My paternal grandfather's line is Scots-Irish. And additionally my married name is German.
I intend to compete in the following categories:
1. Cite Your Sources. I was actually slowly working on this anyway so this will be a good motivator.
2. Back Up Your Data. I plan to complete at least one of these tasks.3. Organize Your Research. I have some new city directory discoveries that need to be cited and filed away.
4. Expand Your Knowledge. I already have one thing I want to do in this category.
5. Write. Write. Write! I need to pre-post some items for my next two very busy months before I can resume regular posts and research.
6. Reach Out and Post a Genealogical Act of Kindness. I read many blogs but not always good at commenting so that will be my goal here.